Having problems using OpenBabel? It didn't work or it didn't do what you expected?
You've come to the right place. Here we explain how to let us know about a problem. This will help us to make Open Babel better for everyone.
How to report a bug
(1) Go to the Open Babel bug tracker at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=40728&atid=428740 (2) A SourceForge account is not necessary but it's a really good idea (you will be updated if we fix the bug or if we ask for further information). If you have one already, please log in (click on "Log in" in the top right). If you don't have one, you can either create one (click on "Create account"), or just simply continue to step (3). (3) To submit a new bug, click on "Submit new" (4) Please read the instructions under "Sorry you're having trouble!" (5) Fill in the boxes to describe your bug report...
A good bug report will include:
- Your *name* and *email address* (if you have logged in using a SourceForge account, it is not necessary to include your email address)
- What version of Open Babel are you using, and on what platform?
- An attachment containing an example input file that causes problem
- Don't just say, "it doesn't work" or "the output file had the wrong atom type". Explain giving an example of what exactly didn't work.
Here are some poor bug reports that we weren't able to fix, because we never found out what was wrong and the authors didn't give us any contact details: ...insert links to gallery of poor bug reports