Having problems using OpenBabel? It didn't work or it didn't do what you expected?
You've come to the right place. Here we explain how to let us know about a problem. This will help us to make Open Babel better for everyone.
How to ask for help
...mailing list...remember to click "Reply all" if someone replies
How to report a bug
- Go to the Open Babel bug tracker at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=40728&atid=428740
- A SourceForge account is not necessary but it's a really good idea (you will be updated if we fix the bug or if we ask for further information). If you have one already, please log in (click on "Log in" in the top right). If you don't have one, you can either create one (click on "Create account"), or just simply continue to step (3).
- To submit a new bug, click on "Submit new"
- Please read the instructions under "Sorry you're having trouble!"
- Fill in the boxes to describe your bug report...
A good bug report will include:
- Your *name* and *email address* (if you have logged in using a SourceForge account it is not necessary to include your email address)
- What version of Open Babel are you using, and on what platform?
- An attachment containing an example input file that causes problem
- Don't just say, "it doesn't work" or "the output file had the wrong atom type". Explain giving an example of what exactly didn't work.
Here is an example of a poor bug report:
- Bug 1670344 Segault with a large PDB file We couldn't reproduce the problem as no example file was provided, nor were any contact details included.