From Open Babel
The Notes field in format entries lists information about the current Open Babel support. These currently include:
- "Export only" -- the format is writable, but not readable
- "Import only" -- the format is readable, but not writable
- "One record per input file" -- Open Babel should only expect one molecule record in an input file
- "One record per output file" -- Open Babel should only write one molecule record per output file. If the output contains multiple molecules, then multiple files should be created.
- "Input is a binary file" -- Self-explanatory. Input is expected as binary, rather than a text file.
- "Output is a binary file" -- Self-explanatory. Output is written in a binary format, rather than text.
- "None" -- the format is readable and writable for multiple molecules in a text format.