The Open Babel project aims to encourage community development. Many people have been contributors to Open Babel over the years and we appreciate all their help, in ways both large and small.
In addition to serving as a set of user-level tools, Open Babel offers a C++ library and interface in other languages (e.g., Perl and Python for general chemical software development, both in-house and to encourage open source chemistry packages. As such, it is also a founding member of the Blue Obelisk movement.
This page acts as an index for all sorts of developer documentation for Open Babel. In addition, the following links may be useful:
- Current API Documentation
- SourceForge Project Index
There are also several useful e-mail lists for Open Babel development:
- OpenBabel-Scripting (for scripting language access through Perl and Python)
- OpenBabel-Devel (for general C++ development plans and problems)
In addition, to monitor changes to the Open Babel code (particularly important if you're trying to stay up-to-date with the Open Babel CVS repository), you may wish to monitor either (or both:
- CIA Stats on Open Babel (webpage and RSS updates for every change)
- OpenBabel-CVS (receives an e-mail message on every change)
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Developer"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.