In addition to serving as a set of user-level tools, Open Babel offers a C++ library and interface in other languages (e.g., Perl and Python for general chemical software development, both in-house and to encourage open source chemistry packages. As such, it is also a founding member of the Blue Obelisk movement, which shares cheminformatics data, algorithms and more.
This page acts as an index for all sorts of developer documentation for Open Babel. In addition, the main SourceForge project page includes a range of resources. Please submit bug reports, complaints, feature suggestions, etc. -- we are a project composed of and designed for the larger community and thrive on your feedback:
- API Documentation -- the key information for using the Open Babel toolkit
- SourceForge Project Index
There are also several useful e-mail lists for Open Babel development:
- OpenBabel-Scripting (for scripting language access through Perl and Python)
- OpenBabel-Devel (for general C++ development plans and problems)
In addition, to monitor changes to the Open Babel code (particularly important if you're trying to stay up-to-date with the Open Babel code repository), you may wish to monitor:
- CIA Stats on Open Babel (webpage and RSS updates for every change)
- OpenBabel-Updates (receives an e-mail message on every change)
Looking to Contribute
This section of the website is designated for information on writing programs to use the Open Babel as a code library.
If you'd like to Get Involved, check out suggestions and guidelines for helping out.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Developer"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.